Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Further

It is very hard to list a "FAVORITE" band for me, there are so many. There are two however that I would lay down my life to see (that may be a little extreme but ya know...) We saw Jeremy Camp last winter, and I love him- he is at the top of my list of favorites. HOWEVER, the two bands I would lay my life down to see are Superchic and Pillar. Pillar is the band playing now. These are the Lyrics to the song that is playing.


It's pressure the pleasures measure
The pressure is overbearing
Is it me myself that's caring
For every double-minded joy
And I admit that when I submit to you
I feel so unreal when I'm still
When I'm waiting for you to reveal
And from myself I seem so far away
And I admit that when I submit to you
I can see all of the selfish things I do

Chorus:
I'm further, further from myself
When I'm next to you
When I run to you
I was wasted embraced it but faced it
With you inside my heart you replaced it
Can't believe you have erased it
Selfishness and foolish pride
And I admit that when I submit to you
I can see all of the selfish things I do
Chorus:
I'm further, further from myself
When I'm next to you
When I run to you
Further from my future
Further from the past
Further from the starting line
Further from the last
Further from my doubts
Further from my fears
Further from temptation that I faced throughout my years
Further from agitation
Further from distraction
The reaction of the dissatisfaction of others actions
Further from myself
Further from my flesh
Further from my birth and I'm
Further from my death

Chorus:
I'm further, further from myself
When I'm next to you
When I run to you

9 Other Freaks Said:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

yeah, we have seen Mercy Me three times now, we love them, and we have seen TobyMac too. We saw TobyMac, Tait, Bldg 429, Rachel Lampa, Matthew West, and a bunch of others at a concert called Winter Jam. IT WAS AWESOME! We saw Jeremy Camp, with Mercy Me shortly thereafter and that new band that is playing on my hubby's blog, The Afters - was AWESOME too.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Mike Jones said...

My personal favorite is Steven Curtis Chapman. I saw him at Arco Arena here in Sacramento last fall with Chris Tomlin (who was very good) and Casting Crowns, who rocked the joint.

I haven't heard too much Superchick, but I love their latest release that's playing on the radio stations right now. Very funky and upbeat, lots of harmony. Good stuff.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Mike Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Mike,
SCC is a longtime favorite. My second concert of my life was SCC and Newsboys in Redding, CA - both debut albums -It was AWESOME. My first concert was CARMEN at Arco. Chris Tomlin is of course another favorite. Haven't seen him yet, but hoping to this winter. I just got the new Superchick ablbum a few days ago haven't listened to the entire thing yet, I started listening to my new Krystal Meyers CD first. FYI your comment was posted twice so I deleted the repeated one.

Zombie - for the record if you are 35 you are only 6 years older than I am - YOU ARE NOT GETTING OLD. This music is all contemporary or what I call "Alternative Christian" more traditional would be Amy Grant, but while I love her, I am into more "Alternative/Hip Hop" TobyMac, Kevin Max and Tait make up the band DC Talk , ever heard of them? what about Switchfoot?

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Mike Jones said...

Dang, I'm 41 and I still like to rock out whenever I can. Switchfoot, ReliantK, Root, etc.

Rock-a-licsious, as a friend of mine would say.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I guess I am so far out of the loop except hearing my grown children speak of bands these days.

Truly enjoying right now listening and reading the lyrics you wrote too.

I guess since I grew up in the era of the beginning of the best of the best...it is hard for me these days...as I use to be able to name each band, album, and title...wow, I guess I am getting older...but still enjoy my 60,70,80's and some 90's.

My daughter recently turned me on to Sterophonics...from Wales and I have truly enjoyed them...you should check out the website...that is cool too. Her blog is http://www.dazzedrj25.blogspot.com/
A Day N the Sun - Sunflower..She has a link to Virgin Radio in London, a very cool site!! Perhaps you may want to check her out sometimes, she is truly a sweet wonderful Christian girl!! She takes such good care of me!! I love here dearly.

P.S. OH THANK YOU so much for visiting me and uplifting my spirits with your kind thoughts and feelings. It is so appreciated.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Oh how far off that wagon I have fallen when it comes to music. My favorite group is still the Eagles. Anybody here remember them?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Ed - everyone loves the Eagles.

Eddie - Thanks. i just posted a really long comment about tax cuts for Rae Ann thought she would enjoy it. I couldn't figure out how to post a link to an archived post. You can delete if you want it is really long.

CMar(ie) - I love it. That is your new nick name. I am calling you that from now on.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Matt MItchell said...

Mike - I'll have to adopt that word..rock-a-liscious. No matter what day it is I like to rock out. I was jammin to Kids in the Way on the way home today. Like Sarah, I have too many favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home