Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Allah or Jesus? Another way to look at it.

This will most likely stir up some controversy, but it gives you an idea of what we are dealing with in this day and age. There really isn’t anything to debate here though. You may think this is intolerant, but they don’t care who you are if you are not a believer in Allah, you are an infidel. Separate this from the war in IRAQ. Just think in terms of Homeland Security. IF these people are promised into heaven for killing infidels, who knows if we can really live among them in peace. I don’t hink it is possible. Open-mindedness is not on the top of my list. Making people feel good is not at the top either. Being realistic is, and so is my beloved America. I am a patriot. I would never want to live or die anywhere else.

Allah or Jesus?-by Rick Mathes
Last month I attended my annual training session that’s required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their belief systems.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked:
“Please, correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world. And, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If that’s the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?”


There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, “Non-believers!”

I responded, “So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can go to Heaven. Is that correct?”

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He sheepishly replied, “Yes.”

I then stated, “Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven.

The Imam was speechless.

I continued, “I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells you to kill me in order to go to Heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be with me?

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the ‘Diversification’ training seminar were not happy with Rick’s way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslim’s beliefs.

I think everyone in the US and Canada should be required to read this.

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well known leader in prison ministry.
*Think about this, with all the Islamic people now in the Canada and the USA . How do we really know that we are safe here in our own country?

13 Other Freaks Said:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

I have heard this so many times, and it's amazing to me that "we" are told we are intolerant and politically incorrect when we express concern about any race or religion that promotes the killing of anyone who does not believe as they do, not only promotes it but promises eternal rewards. we are polititally incorrect if we expresss concern about those who believe they will get to heaven if they kill those of us who do not believe in their religion.
And those who do believe are living supposedly with peace in their hearts toward the citizens of the country whom their relgion calls "infidels"? Infidels whom if they kill will get them to heaven. What is wrong with this picture???

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Nichan said...

I would like to say that I have many friends who are Islamic (mostly because of where I work and what I do). I have NEVER come across anyone who believes this way. I think the point that really needs to be STRESSED here is that this is Islam in it's most extreme form. It is similar, not identical, to those who call themselves Christians and support the killing/beating of homosexuals and doctors who support abortion. In this country, the muslems who feel this way are few and far between. I just think we need to remember not only is this religious, but CULTURAL! Ok. I have said my 2 cents worth.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger watbull said...

Well, Sarah, I'm going to play devil's advocate here, if I may... just to stir the pot a bit (tee hee).

I think that it's all a matter of interpretation, really. Just as different sects of Christianity interpret the Holy Bible differently, so do Muslims with their Qur'an. I, personally, do not believe that Muslims are directed to kill all infidels. The Qur'an specifically commands Muslims to "slay the pagans" who are hostile toward them. It is not a carte blanche to "kill all infidels." This small part of the Qur'an is specific to a specific time, and it is not understood by the overwhelming majority of Muslims to be a general call for murder against all those who are not Muslim.

Let's take a look at Christianity now for a minute. Practically no one can deny the enormous good that modern Christianity has done in today's troubled world. Yet, Christianity has a deceitful and violent history, doesn't it? The Church's brutal crusade to "reeducate" the pagan and feminine-worshipping religions spanned three centuries. They employed methods as inspired as they were horrific. During the years of witch hunts alone, Christians burned an astounding five million women.

When we take a look as historical facts, Christians (as a whole) are just as guilty as some of the Muslim factions of today, as far as brutalization and murder go.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger watbull said...

Sorry... I just ran across this and thought that I should post it. It comes from Shahul Hameed of Islam.net. He takes issue with the essay by Rick Mathes. Part of his response is:

I would particularly like to make it clear that the Qur’an does not instruct Muslims to kill non-believers to guarantee them a place in Heaven, as you have said. On the contrary, God commands the believers to invite others to His way in the most peaceful manner. In this call, the Muslims are commanded to appeal to their common sense and to their own faith in truth and justice. Most certainly God has categorically prohibited forcing anyone to accept Islam, let alone killing!"

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

my point - the ones that do believe this don't care about anything except killing infidels. We are all going to die if we don't prevent these people from getting into this country and BETTER YET removing all the ones that do believe it. We have to get past the PC stuff.

T.O.E - we have PETA on the look out for the devil worshipers. They mostly kill animals as sacrifice to Satan - among other nasty stuff. But at least PETA will help the animals out.

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a copy of the Quran. It says it in there. Get a copy of it and see for yourself.

Okay, the difference between the Muslims and Christians starts with their religious documents. The Bible requires all Christians to love one another and love God. The Quran offers the complete opposite. People who claim to be Christians are simply not, because by definition, a Christian is a follower of Christ. Christ hung out with homosexuals, prostitutes, and the like... he never condoned their sin. He simply loved them past it.

Additionally, the Muslims that were on the planes that killed THOUSANDS were many of them citizens. Hmmm... so I guess our culture appears to harboring TRUE MUSLIMS.

Oh, so many are brainwashed with this politically correct, "you're a hater" if you call people for what they are. More than one person fell prey to that on September 11 and were afraid to sound racist when they wanted to double check the clearance of the terrorists who boarded United flights that day. If they had been able to overcome that brainwashing, many thousands of people would be alive today. All of the signs were there, but the airline personnel day were left powerless. Who dares go against someone who is clearly not Anglo-American Christian? Only a racist?

Cheers to the victims of 9/11, we've learned nothing!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Great Post! I hope many people read this, because that is truly how our enemy feels. I have heard but not confirmed, but Islam is the fastest growing religion in the U.S. and that is very disturbing to me..More so on the RADICAL in of it!!

The last few years I am beginning to feel as if we are starting to become the minority (Christians) and we really are not. I feel we (the church) are not speaking up enough, and meanwhile this type of non-believers, or radicals are taking over along with the non-believers of all faith. I look at it like an ant pile that is stirred up and the ants are going everywhere and we are ignoring or not aware of just how many are out there. That is my outlook on this crawling plague that has invaded our America and the world for that matter.

Yesterday for an example, an atheist winning in federal court in CA with "Ünder God" in our Pledge of Allegiance. We have to pray that this will be dismissed again in the higher court.

In my opinion, the Christians are being sleeping giants and these types of people are speaking up and demanding their views to be heard and getting laws passed everyday in their favor.

Very upsetting to me, you will find on my sidebar links to write your state and government officials concerning these matters, and before it is too late WE need to all take time to do something.

Thank you again for posting this message to all, hopefully it will reach someone out there and make one think. God Bless you and your Family.
Your friend, Suzie

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Suzie - thanks for the comments. I think that christians don't speak up because non-believers like to attack them. They would rather stay out of the limelight and say "I am not good at that tyoe of thing" or whatever, but it is ok to debate, God never said you could not debate. Speaking up usually means that some one else will put there two sense (cents - for Matt) in. Just remain strong in what you believe and don't be mean or hurtful. I agree, I think more christians need to speak out.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Mike Jones said...

Suzie - Michael Newdow, the athiest at the heart of the "under God" controversy, lives right here in the Sacramento area. He's just as much a zealot for his cause as anyone I've ever known, and to be honest, a bit of a kook by our local law-enforcement type's experiences with him. But he is smart as a razor, I'll give him that.

I don't agree with the politically active Christians who are worrying and fretting over this law and that court decision. I think Christians are fighting the wrong battles in American. God's battle is not in our legislature or our courts, or even in Iraq or Afghanistan. It's in the hearts and minds of our friends and neighbors the world over.

Think about it.

Abortion? There would be no need for an anti-abortion laws if we could change the hearts and minds of the mothers.

Prayer? Who can stop me or my children from praying when and where I want? Jesus did say Render to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. The football fields and classrooms in America belong to the government of the USA or your local entity. If Christians let those opposed think for a moment that they have any power over our prayer by what they can legislate, they have already won that battle. It's not a battle worth fighting, in my opinion, because no one can reach into my heart and stop me from praying, ever.

Morality cannot be legislated, only modeled and exampled. Christians have a responsibility to vote, to speak our minds in love and kindness, and to have an answer when someone asks us about the Hope that we have in Christ, but all this political activism on the part of Christ does nothing to get The Message out. Political activism is,in my opinion, very aggressive, and that kind of aggressiveness was NOT Christ's style.

He was firm, but humble. Strong, but gentle. Not in your face. Not confrontational. Not worried about dying or being hurt, because, if we truly believe, "to live is Christ, but to die is gain."

Jesus was factual, logical, loving, kind, humble, and meek. But he was strong, forthright, and steadfast, too. That's the kind of Christianity that will change the hearts and minds, not lobbyists and marches and protests.

Just my opinion. ;-)

Love all the thoughtful comments!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Mike, You are completely correct with the "winning the hearts and minds of people." I don't believe in protesting - but, I do believe in expressing my opinion. I try to be the least judgemental as I can. But when I feel like a fellow christian is being attacked I do get upset and will defend them. Mostly because I like to debate.

But you are a great example, I look forward to having you participate in all of our dialogue.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

TOE - I know it is cery addicting. I love it.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

salam(peace to u all).
Islam asks a muslim to do jihad only against those people who attack their country .
their is no compulsion in religion according to Quraan.islam means peace .please .if u read quraan u will know the above mentioned truth.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go to www.missiongateministry.org under "Allah or Jesus" for the unedited article and my rebuttals to those of you who doubt it's veracity.

Rick Mathes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home