Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Updates and Tidbits

Updates & Tidbits

Matt is now on the Audit Committee at church. Yay! I think he will really be able to help them. He is such a smart guy. Brilliant really, but seeing as we are married, I am a little biased. If you ever need to know anything about internal controls, he would be able to help you.

THE U.N.

I just heard on the Paul W. Smith show on 760 AM WJR that the UN is holding a summit this summer about banning firearms for all citizens of the world, except GOVERNMENTS. Ok, this is getting a little freaky and a little too much like what happened in the "Left Behind Series" for my liking. This is just crazy because when Citizens cannot have guns for protection, Governments start murdering people. Look at the Sudan. I can't get really in-depth at the moment, but this is a BAD IDEA. The U.S. cannot let this happen. As much as we would all like world peace, it will never happen. All people don't want peace, they want power, if they did want peace then we would NOT have criminals. Talking to people who are evil will not convince them to hug trees and love everyone. I am sorry to have to tell you this, if you don't know it by know - Some people just don't want to be educated, and even those that are can still be power hungry and selfish.

Summer Weather!
The temps have been awesome and I think we are going to be able to take the boat out this weekend. That is, if we can get cleaned up in time to go for run. It needs a pretty bad bath. I cannot wait to take it for the first run. That is always a spirit lifter.

Matt's Blog

Ok so for those of you who want to know what Matt is writing about, you can check his blog out on MySpace. He is actually keeping it fairly updated but his page still needs a little work. So, if you want to check it out the link is on this page at the top. MySpace is fun. You should do it if you haven't already. I think it gets way more negative exposure than it should – PARENTS do you know what your kids are doing? I think that is key when kids are involved with the internet.

6 Other Freaks Said:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

I suppose that the story about the U.N. is illustrative about why the U.N. is becoming more and more irrelevant (that probably should be less and less relevant, but I am tired and clear syntax is beyond me.

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Three Score and Ten or more said...

Me again. I tried your my space thing. I guess I'm just too old (Though one of my other favorite bloggers is Thotman, and he is on my space-- but he simplifies the layout for us senior folks.)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger watbull said...

Just popping in to say "hi". I like your MySpace space... and your hubby's, too! I love the "I'll Fly Away" remake by Jars of Clay that he's got playing over there. Awesome!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

He loves that song. I am surprised he loves it so much because I never thought he would be a hymn type person.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

The Bible pretty much tells us there will not be peace on the earth until the Lord returns and that things will get worse not better.
Guess in a way we should be somewhat excited about world events, since they are pretty much pointing to the fact we are indeed living in the "last days".
Scary...but exciting!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Joubert said...

UN is holding a summit this summer about banning firearms = one world communazi government. Oh boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home