Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Top 10 Movies of the Last 10 Years - Poll

This poll comes from my friend Nicole's Blog. It has sparked some interest for me as to what my family and friends top 10 of the last ten years would be, my list is:

1. LOTR (Trilogy)
2. Tommy Boy
3. Butterfly Effect
4. The Big Labowski
5. Identity
6. Mystic River
7. Sixth Sense
8. Pulp Fiction
9. Elf
10. Dogma

What are your favs?

16 Other Freaks Said:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of these break the 10 year mark but they are just too damn good to not be on my list!!

1. Goodfellas
2. Gladiator
3. The Big Labowski
4. Mystic River
5. Heat
6. Training Day
7. Old School
8. Unforgiven
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10. Saving Private Ryan

But then you have the best Movie of all time which was SCARFACE 1983
And of of course you have the best Trilogy of all time which was The Godfather Collection.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Jason Paris said, "a couple of these break the 10 year mark but are just to good to not be on my list".

A Beautiful Mind
Forrest Gump
The Postman
Saving Private Ryan
Michael
Signs
The Shawshank Redemption
Music OF The Heart
An Eye For An Eye
Renaissance Man

There more I could mention, but these are the main ones

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Nichan said...

As I posted on my blog...here is my top 10...but it really isn't fair, because who can think of the all the movies they have liked over the last 10 years...I keep thinking of new movies I want to add on...this makes turning this into a definative list very difficult. I am wondering if these polls will become common place...it is interesting to see what some of your friends like to watch. I was not surprised by many of my responses (my dad, my husband, eddie...) but I was REALLY surprised by others (like Sarah) Would be interesting to see what all my friends/family like.

1. LOTR trilogy
2. Gladiator
3. A Beautiful Mind
4. The Truman Show
5. The Quiet American
6. As Good As It Gets
7. Lost in Translation
8. Harry Potter Trilogy
9. Braveheart
10. Chicago

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

I have more than 10 but these are top. Jason has a few on his list, actually every comment on here has a couple I love also. Maybe you could do a top 20?
1.Passion of the Christ
2.Always
3.The Godfather
4. Signs
6. Sixth Sense
7.Lord of the Rings
8. Mystic River
9. We Were Soldiers
10.A Time to Kill

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my favorites... not sure how old they are, but who cares, good is good!!

-Radio
-Second Hand Lions
-Ever After
-Forrest Gump
-Divine Secrets of the YaYa SisterHood
-Sweet Home Alabama, (No I'm not from there)
-Rain Man
-Gone in 60 Seconds
-How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
-Deceived

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not in any particular order ...

1. LOTR
2. Lost in Translation
3. House of Sand and Fog
4. A Beautiful Mind
5. First Knight
6. Second Hand Lions
7. Pirates of the Carribean
8. Bend it Like Beckham
9. The Forgotten
10. Armageddon

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10. Gladiator
9. Passion of the Christ
8. Spiderman
7. The Matrix
6. LOTR Trilogy
5. Tommy Boy
4. Road to Perdition
3. Crash
2. Hotel Rawanda
1. Spiderman 2

The Godfather is the #1 movie of all time! #2 of all time Blazing Saddles!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are mine but it is hard to break down to just 10. Movies is all i watch next to sports. These are my top 10 but not in any particular order.

1. BlackHawk Down
2. A Few Good Men
3. U571
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Courage Under Fire
6. Men of Honor
7. Troy
8. Braveheart
9. Dazed and Confused
10. Gladiator

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Wow, Ave, I can tell that definitely are a military man. I haven't black hawk down, and I couldn't finish saving private ryan. I get too upset. Man I totally forgot about Men of Honor, I think Jason did too because that is his one of his top ten. Know what I mean Cookie??

Deborah - You have an interesting set of movies. I Love pirates.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger skypilotjourneyman said...

Hey - in response, yes, you may link my blog...thanks for visiting mine - and here's my eclectic list:

(for today anyway)

1. Hotel Rwanda
2. Life is Beautiful
3. Hoosiers
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Traffic
6. Fight Club
7. Hamlet
8. To Kill A Mockingbird
9. Philadelphia
10. Sideways

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger tazdog said...

This will require me to use my brain so how about some of the top movies I have enjoyed...

1. Menace II Society
2. Boyz in da Hood
3. Office Space
4. Heat
5. Liar Liar
6. LOTR
7. The Passion of Christ

Black Hawk down is a pretty good film, not sure if it's on my top list or not but it's in the top 20 for sure...!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Menace was one of my favs back in the day, Jason too I think. I love spanglish too, anything with Adam Sandler or Will Ferrel. I am a sucker for SNL Alum.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a big "B" movie fan:
In no particular order...
Illegally Blonde
Santa Clause
The Matrix
Napolean Dynamite
Finding Nemo
A River Runs Through
and although more than 10 yrs
Breakfast Club
Dirty Dancing
St. Elmos Fire
Flashdance
Footloose

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah baby!!

Here's my list:

The Royal Tennebaums
Meet The Parents
The Usual Suspects
The Lion King
Gladiator
Napoleon Dynamite
Elf
Me, Myself and Irene
Desperado
Seven

This was so hard!!!!! There are so many!!!!!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Mystic River
2. Elf
3. The Big Lebowski

 

Post a Comment

<< Home