Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I feel overwhelmed

I feel overwhelmed, so much to do – so little time.

Now that we know we are not moving for a few years we can do all the stuff we wanted to do when we first moved into our house.  There was the possibility a couple weeks ago that we might move again.  Matt was offered his ULTIMATE dream job and he turned it down so that I/we could remain at the church we are at.  I say I because I was the one who begged him to not uproot us again.  In the end he felt it was the right decision to not to make the move.

Some of you may or may not know last year we paid $2,000 to have our front and back yard landscaped.  Basically - the guy did a horrible job and we have 50% weeds, 40% Crab Grass and 10% Green lawn.  Now we have to reseed both the front and the back to repair it.  I am not looking forward to this.  One, I would not have paid someone to do it if I wanted to take the time, and two, I have other things I could be doing.  That is selfish but hey, I think we are all selfish about things in our life, so no passing judgment.

Anyway – here are the things that are on our "to do" list before the end of spring

1 – Put crab grass preventer on both yards
2 – Fertilize both yards
3 – Plant the grass seed
4 – Finish the basement (our neighbor Jim is doing it for a awesome price)
5 – Paint all the rooms – Saturday night we start with both the bathrooms
6 – Get Seemless Gutters put on (for some unknown reason the builders didn't do this)
7 – Plant all the bulbs we bought (about 250 of them) for the planter boxes in the back and the front of the house
8. – Cut down the dead trees in the very back of our yard
9. – Put in a sprinkler system
10 – Get the boat washed, and the carpet cleaned
11 – Oil Change for Boat
12. – Get the dogs trained on the underground fence

It's just overwhelming.

1 Other Freaks Said:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with all the projects - oh the joys of home-ownership. :-) We have a big yard (an acre) and garden and there's ALWAYS something that needs to be done. We want to put a deck on - but that will probably wait another year or so. Not sure what 'big' projects are planned for the spring or summer - my hubby usually decides that.

Good luck with the underground fence. We put one in for our dogs a few years ago and its well worth the cost and time once they're trained!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home