Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Patrick - Born Again Redneck!

So, some of you may have noticed the link under my "policitally inclined" section to the right. Patrick is someone I have come to know from blogging. He is truly a fascinating fellow, originaly from South Africa. He is very articulate and I absolutely adore his writing. I put the link there in hopes that the people who read this blog, will stumble upon his blog and get to know him a little bit. But after visiting his blog today, I have to call your attention to something he has written that is very profound. Maybe everyone can learn something from him. This is a portion of an essay he has written and I think it is tremendous.

Please read it.

"Gay Rights" - by Patrick Joubert Conlon

Most of my regular readers know that I am homosexual but I seldom blog about "gay" stuff mostly because it is not all that important to me. It is actually the least interesting part of who I am and there's much more significant stuff to write about than what I do in private. Also most people find the subject boring or distasteful but, whether we like it or not the "gay rights" agenda has raised it's hydra head.

Recently I discovered that there are quite a few conservative gay blogs. Some call them themselves right-wing Libertarians and others say they are Republicans. Many are patriotic and support the War on Terror. Some are pro-Christian and anti-abortion and believe in old-fashioned morals. When I first started reading them, they were a breath of fresh air to me after being surrounded by the America-hating, anti-Christian, communist gays in San Francisco BUT I soon realised that I part company with most of them because nearly all of them are proponents of "gay rights" and "gay marriage" and I am not.

I read and comment on several of these blogs and have tried to explain why I don't believe in "gay rights" but the leftists start in with their usual collectivist nonsense and skew the whole debate to their paradigm. It is impossible to make oneself clear because the gay commies have created the playing field and have made the rules for the past 20 years. Even the socalled conservative gays have been suckered into thinking like the leftist gays.

One of the "conservative" gay blogs recently wondered if Harriet Miers is "gay-friendly." I commented that I did not care as long as she was anti-abortion. If Miers is anti-abortion, I trust her to be sane on other topics. Some leftie took umbrage that I was only concerned with Miers' stance on abortion. I replied that I was also concerned about her stance on the Second Amendment but that I could not care less about her stance on "gay rights" because there is no such thing as "gay rights." I said that I thought that the arrogant demand for "gay rights" had actually done more harm than good. I bowed out of the debate when someone started using the fallacious comparison between blacks and gays. That exchange triggered off this post.

PLEASE VISIT HIS PAGE HERE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE POST - (taking a page out of Beths books with this format)

6 Other Freaks Said:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

LOL. I know, I wish I could just blog for my career.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Joubert said...

Thank you, Sarah.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

He definitely has an interesting view on the issues. Thank you for sharing this with me, will go and check out his blog.

Hope you are having a nice Sunday.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger watbull said...

Patrick does have a wonderful way with words, doesn't he? I'm so glad that I found him, too.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home