Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What my compass said!



I AM A PAUL MARTIN ON THE SCALE! CLICK THIS PIC OF PAUL TO READ ABOUT HIM!

14 Other Freaks Said:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Nichan said...

My score landed somewhere in the vicinity of Ghandi. Never really considered myself comparable to Ghandi before, but the test has spoken! Kinda surprising, I thought I would have scored to the right economically and to the left socially...I guess I am more liberal than I thought...Muhhahahaha! POOR GREG!!!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

Wow, like mother like daughter. Mine was almost exactly like your's Sarah! Cool :-)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

I will add you as a team member so that you can comment, she was trying to keep Willjo's picture of her blog.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger watbull said...

Hi, Sarah! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love our new baby, too. But, I sure do hate the house training part! I answered your question over there, but figured that I'd give it to you here, too, so you'd be sure to get it.

I'll be glad to show you how to post links in comments. But, I can't do it here without lengthy instructions. That's because, if I put the HTML tag here, it'll look like a link to the system and the tag will be invisible to you.

So, I will walk you through my exact steps when I went looking for a way to answer your question. **Note: Unless otherwise noted, do not use my quotations.

1) Google "Blogger Help". The very first link to come up should be Blogger's main help page.

2) Type "html code link" into the "Article Search" box.

3) The very first article to come up should be "How can I do more with links?" Select that one.

4) The very first sentence gives you the basic HTML tag for links.

Now, when you're using this tag, replace "http://URL" with the URL to which you're trying to link. **Note: leave the quotes this time! Then, replace the word TEXT with whatever text you want.

For example, if I want to link to my page within this comment, I will use the link tag. I will replace "http://URL" with the URL to your blog (including the http:// part AND the quotations). Next, I will replace TEXT with my name. The result is this:

Beth

If you need further assistance, just let me know. I'm always happy to help.

Oh! And, I didn't mean any offense to you or to your friend. Clearly, Nicole is not quite as liberal as she came across in Eddie's blog. Still, it bugs me when people get on a high horse like that, you know? Here she is married to a guy that is (according to her post on Eddie's blog) everything that she despises.

-Beth

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger watbull said...

Oops!

I said, "I will replace "http://URL" with the URL to YOUR blog (including the..."

I meant, I will replace the "http://URL" witht he URL to MY blog (including the...

-B

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Sweet! Thanks, I will try that later tonight.

I am not worried about Nicole. She is not easily offended. I just wanted to clarify things, because Nicole has a friend Eddie and it was getting all complicated. Anyway, when we are in a group Nicole is usually outnumbered. It can get heated. A lot of people don't see how we are friends but thing is, our relationship has always been one of open-ness (sp) and honesty. We have plenty of good debates, and I love her very much! I do think she is a conservative hiding in liberal clothing though - why else would she be married to a fellow conservative :)!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Nichan said...

I take offense the the accusation that I am really a conservative (LOL). I am a liberal. Truly. And I don't "despise" people like my husband, as Watbull stated. When my husband is out of line I swiftly try to put him back into line. Of course, he is as stubborn as I am so it rarely works. Why is it when a liberal has a problem with something insulting that a conservative says they are "up on their high horse" but when a conservative has a problem with something a liberal says it is ok. I think there is a bit of hypocrisy going on here.

As Sarah said, I am not easily offended. I have been dealing with conservatives (like my husband and his family) for years. I know how to hold my own.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Nichan said...

I take offense the the accusation that I am really a conservative (LOL). I am a liberal. Truly. And I don't "despise" people like my husband, as Watbull stated. When my husband is out of line I swiftly try to put him back into line. Of course, he is as stubborn as I am so it rarely works. Why is it when a liberal has a problem with something insulting that a conservative says they are "up on their high horse" but when a conservative has a problem with something a liberal says it is ok. I think there is a bit of hypocrisy going on here.

As Sarah said, I am not easily offended. I have been dealing with conservatives (like my husband and his family) for years. I know how to hold my own.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Nichan said...

Eddie,

While I understand the point you are trying to make, I can't help but feel your comments are a bit on the condescending side. My husband also makes this argument...that with age comes maturity, maturity brings a more conservative outlook. I disagree with this whole-heartedly. I can't foresee a time when I will not defend a woman's right to choose, a couple's right to equality (under the law), the separation of church and state..etc. The only thing that has changed as I have gotten older is that I have learned that I don't always have to have the last word. TO say that my husband is more conservative than me is a huge understatement. We are political opposites. I hope we stay that way for the rest of our lives. I hope that we both learn to accept the differences we have. I also hope that we learn to be proud of these differences. I know that conservatives are not fond of this word, but I hope we learn to TOLERATE those with whom opinions we don't agree.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

I do have to say this - conservatives are fond of the word tolerate, but since I have been told to F-off, that I am hateful, that I am a hitler loving christian, etc by liberals (not Nicole)who by the way, I have not even made comments on their blogs, I would like to say, neither side should talk about how "they tolerate" - I have never called a liberal anything except a bleeding heart, and a liberal. I have never said F-Off or anything else.

The conservative with age thing is another issue.

There are plenty conservatives who believe in choice when it comes to abortion.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Nichan said...

Sarah,

I can only say that since I have started leaving comments on the "conservative" blogs, I have been called many names. I also have been treated as though I don't have a clue. People have basically said that I just need to grow up. I have never been nasty or disrespectful to any of the folks I have engaged in debate with. I think that everyone here needs to try some good old fashioned kindness when responding to comments they don't agree with....

In regards to being told to F*** off...I check out that guys site...he is a nutbar. Plain and simple. I don't think you can reasonably compare him to any normal person. He is off his rocker...just read some of his posts!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger watbull said...

What a way to communicate, eh? Through comments... lol. Anyway, you said over on my blog that you'd attended public school in Chico. That's interesting, because I'm not far from Chico (about an hour-and-a-half, I think). I'm in Taylorsville. Know where Quincy is located? I'm just 15 miles (as the crow flys) north of Quincy.

And, if you grew up in Cowboy Town, USA, I now know why you're a Conservative, too! roflmao

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Bstermyster said...

Actually, I lived the first part of my life:

Conception - age 10 Sacramento, CA

ages 10-11 Killeen, TX with my US ARMY SARGEANT FATHER - MIKE (who was in desert storm)

ages 13-18 I lived with my grandparents in Chico. I went to Bidwell JH and Pleasant Valley High.

YEP, I know where Quincy is.

There are so many reasons why I am a conservative, however, I have just learned that the main influence on me use to be a diehard liberal - my grandfather, I hear that he scored a 40 on that last test on Ni-Chans blog, which puts him as far right as a person can be (according to that test) LOL~!

Anyway, you can e-mail me anytime, it is bstermyster@sbcglobal.net

All my family is in Stockton/Modesto, Fort Bragg, Oregon, and Washington. I lived in Seattle for two years. That was like living in the Bay Area!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger watbull said...

Wow! We have even more in common, then, Sarah. I was born and raised in Stockton, and my mother and siblings live there still. I am first-generation Californian; my parents were both born in Seattle. So, I spent many a summer in Seattle while I was growing up.

I come from a "mixed" family... and I don't mean that in the present-day sense, either. My father was a die-hard conservative Republican. My mother was (and still is) one of the MOST liberal Democrats that I've ever met. Fortunately, I take after my dad and his side of the family. My sister is on my mom's side. And, my brother... well... he's lost somewhere in the middle.

Hmmmm... I just realized that my parents are an awful lot like your friend, Nicole, and her husband. And, you know what, Nicole (hoping she'll read this), my parents were very happily married for more than 30 years... right up until the death of my dad. I must admit that I don't know how on earth my father put up with my mother and her liberal ideas. But, on the other hand, maybe she found my father's conservativism maddening. Hadn't really thought about that until just now. So, here's wishing Nicole and her husband many, many years of loving political debates and wedded bliss!

BTW, Sarah, here's my address:
watbull@frontiernet.net.

Regards!
Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home