Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wisdom You Can't Afford to Ignore......


1 - You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2 - You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
3 - You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
4 - You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
5 - You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
6 - You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
7 - You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
8 - You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
9 - You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
10 - You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Some articles that I find fascinating:

(The First one is from my Pops-in-Law & the Second from my Super Hip G-Ma):

IT'S 'LET'S ROLL,' NOT 'LET'S ROLL OVER'

SOUTH PARK vs ANNE COULTER (go Christian Woman Power!!)

An ode to my G-Ma - in the words of your favorite LL Cool J song

MOMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT, I AM GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT ( with my superwoman powers)

3 Other Freaks Said:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee Woods said...

Very wise words.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the ode to a hip grandma brought back a lot of fond memories. What a time that was. Momma was a pretty wise woman.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I think I might print that and post it all over my house!

Love your blog, will definetly be back and check out your other blogs. I was contemplating going to church tomorrow (it's been awhile) and your blog and convicted me more that I need to go, thank you!

:) Princess

PS: LL is KING!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home