Wonderful Past

Life is about love & relationships and mad FUN: Family, friends & pets. We are embarking on a new chapter of our life; The Adoption of Our First Child!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Marriage Building

I think it is important for those of us who are married, to educate ourselves as much as we can, so that we may solidify the bond between ourselves and our spouses.

Four books that had a profound effect on me (and I believe that every woman/man should read) are:

Maximum Achievement - Brian Tracey
Power of a Praying Woman - Stormie OMartian
Power of a Praying Wife - Stormie Omartian
Power of a Praying Husband - Stormie Omartian
His Needs Her Needs - Dr. Willard E. Harley, Jr.

Maximum Achievement helped me realize the power of positive thinking. It enabled me to come to the understanding that things in my past don't define me as a person, and that you have to remain positive.

The Power of a Praying Woman, taught me how to pray for myself, so that I can become the woman that I want to be.

The Power of a Praying Wife, taught me how to pray for my husband so the he can be who he desires to be in the Lord.

His Needs Her Needs is an entire different situation. Although, I do not, and have not ever thought that my marriage was in danger of an "affair", I feel it is important arm my marriage with the tools to prevent it, before it is too late. Now some people may think that is insane, however, we have a couple different sets of friends who were not prepared and are now suffering the consequences of unpreparedness. These friends are people who we would never have expected to succumb to the pressure.

My theory is that, no one is above educating themselves, and it happens to the best of us.

If you can't read them all-

Women need to read Power of a Praying Wife!

Men need to read Power of a Praying Husband (it is written in "GUY" language, it is the only book in the 7 years I have been with my Husband, that HE COMPLETELY FINISHED)

Couples need to read together, His Needs Her Needs.

0 Other Freaks Said:

Post a Comment

<< Home